Sunday, June 10, 2007

She was Stolen!


Did you hear about that young girl in New York that died after overdosing on Methyl Salicylate, an ingredient in BEN-GAY! Did you have any
idea that anyone could overdose from using Ben-Gay? Why didn't we know about this stuff before someone had to die from it? Yeah, I know, they say it's very rare but still how many millions of people every year are playing with fire when they douse themselves with this stuff or something else that contains this obvious poison? She wasn't drinking it! She was doing with it what was intended! How many older people who used it on a daily basis have died from it only to have their death blamed on their old age or some disease? I mean really, does this stuff need to be in our medicine cabinets or on grocery store shelves? I know it's been around forever but so has Arsenic, and lead based paint was once just dandy to use but we now know it can kill us and it isn't sold. So what's the difference? This crap should be pulled. All I know is that I don't think I need to use it nor do I think I'd want anyone I care for using it. Maybe someday the people that approve this kind of stuff will take the public into consideration before the lobbyists that line their pockets.

3 comments:

MedStudentWife said...

Don't even get me started..maybe in a direction opposite of the point you are making.

*grin/girrrr*

DeathSweep said...

That was the intent. And if your views are different let's hear em!

MedStudentWife said...

I'll be back on this.. have to get my head around what exactly I want to say as I am multi - brained on this.. kinda leaning to the bad rap meds get (attitude from my past life).. that was my first reaction