Saturday, December 22, 2007

"A visit from St. Blog"


Twas three days before Christmas and gray was the sky
my thoughts were of presents that I've yet to buy
.
The stockings were hung on the mantle piece bare
in hopes that just someone might put something there

.
The pine trees were swaying and dripping with rain
the worst fear of mine was a late hurricane

.
With the wife in her bathrobe my head in a fog
it would be no weekend if I didn't blog
.
When out on the porch the screen door was banging
off in the distance were fire bells clanging
.
Tornado! she said, lets get under the table!
my only concern was the loss of our cable!
.
If I had known this I'd not moved to the coast
Please let me finish this half written post!
.
So as you can see daily life's become fast
gone are the days when this used to be last.
.
.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to my fellow bloggers!

.

and thank you to the anonymous poet who wrote "A visit from St. Nicholas"

1 comment:

Diane Dehler said...

Happy holidays to you and this is a hilarious post. Thanks for the cheer.